For the cake:
400 g Danish pastries
150 g chocolate cake
1 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp apricot jam
2 tsp dark syrup
4 tbsp Volbeat Rum III
For the frosting:
170 g dark chocolate
150 g sprinkles
- Crumble the Danish pastries and chocolate cake in a stand
mixer with the paddle attachment until well crumbled.
- Add the cocoa powder and the apricot jam.
- Add the dark syrup and Volbeat Rum III. Mix, taste the dough
and eventually add more Volbeat Rum III for a stronger taste.
- When the rum cake dough is thoroughly mixed, take a spoonful
at a time weigh and adjust it to 40 grams per portion.
Form balls with your hands.
- Chill the rum cake balls for a couple of hours in the refrigerator.
- Then melt the chocolate and dip each rum cake ball in the
chocolate and immediately in your favourite sprinkles,
for example chocolate sprinkles. Let the chocolate set.
- The rum cake balls are now ready to be served.
Store them in an airtight container or a bag to avoid humidity.
These cake balls keep well for 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
Recipe by Jeanet Carlsen